Subject: RE: [regrep] [Ann] Sun announces ebXML Registry product

Comments in line...

Regards,
Ivan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Paul Denning [mailto:pauld@mitre.org]
Envoyé : mercredi 15 juin 2005 18:20
À : regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

At 11:55 AM 2005-06-15, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>Dear ebXML Registry colleagues,
>
>I am pleased to share the following announcement of a new ebXML
>Registry product by Sun:
>     http://www.sun.com/products/soa/registry

 From the link above...
<q>
... but SOA projects generate a broader array of service-related metadata and artifacts than just WSDL's. These include XML schemas, BPEL descriptions, XSLT transforms, and many others. Such artifacts also need to be centrally accessible to promote the benefits of reuse and control, and standard ways of storing and retrieving them, capabilities that aren't addressed by UDDI.
</q>

I disagree that UDDI does not address access to XSD, BPEL, XSLT, and other things.  I agree that UDDI does not provide a repository for these things, but there are plenty of content management solutions available to manage these things, and UDDI can point to them.  TN/BP are needed so industry can agree on how to publish UDDI tModels that point to these things.  Does ebXML need similar TN/BP to define how to publish these things in an ebXML regrep?

[IB] Yes it's true, for example it could point to a ebXML RR repository ;)

<q>
Another standard in this area that accommodates these needs is ebXML Registry. ...Functions include those for federated web service asset management across multiple repositories. ...
</q>

I am very interested to learn more about ebXML support for federation across multiple repositories (or registries?)

[IB] Several initiatives are going on about federation and ebXML RS specs already defines this aspect.

<q>
In addition to integrating this implementation into the Sun environment, Sun has also added support for UDDI (3.0), providing a service discovery interface for queries made using this protocol.
</q>

Does the Sun registry support UDDI v3 subscription API?

Paul