Subject: Re: [regrep] [Ann] Sun announces ebXML Registry product

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Congratulations to Farrukh and Sun.
>
>Farrukh, just to clarify, so that I can represent this product correctly
>in conversations within my company and in the US federal government
>space: Am I correct in saying that (in the simplest terms) this is
>essentially a dual ebXML/UDDI registry product?

It is one registry with both UDDI and ebXML Registry 3.0 interfaces.

I should point out that the initial version supports UDDI 3.0 inquiry
API and not the UDDI 3.0 publish API. The UDDI 3.0 publish API
is planned for a subsequent version.

We figured that most people use a UI to publish and do not care
what protocol is used under the hood. So we first delivered
the UDDI 3.0 Inquiry API.

Thanks.

begin:vcard
fn:Farrukh Najmi