Subject: Re: [regrep] Canonical XML Validation Service?

John Gillerman wrote:
>Farrukh,
>
>Can the Schematron be used in conjunction with an OWL based validation.  I
>would think we want a infrastructure that can be extended to semantic
>validation.

Hi John,

That is a very interesting question. From the current registry spec view
point it is fairly trivial to special two Canonical Validation Services:

1. Canonical XML Validation Service with Schematron as Invocation
Control File

2. Canonical RDF Validation Service with OWL as Invocation Control File

Then there is the possibility of a third validation Service:

3. Canonical XML Validation Service with OWL as Invocation Control File

Though I am not as certain of technical issues the last service may face
in specification and implementation.

(1) is easiest to specify and presents the least implementation burden.
I would propose it to be a required feature.

(2) is easy to specify but harder to implement. I would propose it as an
optional feature

In summary I could see next version of spec specifying (1) as required
and (2) as optional feature.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion.

begin:vcard
fn:Farrukh Najmi