Subject: FW: IHE XDS Documents

Attached are the minutes from the telecon with the IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Committee.  They have several requirements, and will be sending us a detailed document by December 9th.  This will be one of our agenda items at our next ebXML Registry TC telecons, on December 15th.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

From: Bill Majurski [mailto:bill@nist.gov]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 5:42 AM
To: Farrukh Najmi; Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: Peter Kacandes
Subject: IHE XDS Documents

Farrukh, Kathryn

Minutes from last Friday's meeting with the Registry TC and IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Committee are attached. In addition, here is some other information that was requested during the call.

IHE profiles are documented in a 2 volume set. Volume 1

http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/upload/ihe_iti_tf_2.0_vol1_FT_2005-08-15.pdf

contains a description of each profile, by name, and describes it in terms of the use cases it solves, the standards it profiles, and the actors and transactions. In this case, actors are elements of systems that are endpoints for messages. Transactions are messages sent between actors.

Volume 2

http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/upload/ihe_iti_tf_2.0_vol2_FT_2005-08-15.pdf

is a catalog of transactions. This is documented separately because a transaction may be used by more than one profile. A transaction is always anchored by the same two actors.

Other web info of interest:

The main IHE web site

http://www.ihe.net/

The home of IHE Technical Frameworks

http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm

For those interested in participating in IHE, we have two 'seasons' one in North America and the other in Europe. We are currently half way through our implementation and test season in North America. The Connectathon is in Chicago in mid-January. Europe is just now starting their season looking towards their Connectathon in Barcelona 24-28 April. The deadline to apply is January 7th, midnight, Central Europe time.

Contacts:

North America
Joyce Sensmeier jsensmeier@himss.org (US Chicago)

Europe
Emmanuel Cordonnier emmanuel.cordonnier@etiam.com (France)

regards,
bill Majurski
Co-Chair
IHE IT Infrastructure Technical Committee

TCON 2 Dec 2006.doc