Subject: Guest on January 12th

Hi All,
Ted Haas has contacted me and is interested in having a discussion on
exploring synergy between the UNSPSC (http://www.unspsc.org/) and ebXML.
I have invited him to join us at our January 12th telecon to talk about
this.  Here is part of his e-mail:

I think a good first step forward would be to talk and then see if
creating a mapping tool for importing UNSPSC versions might be a good
next step.
This would tie EBXML in at the horizontal level and gain you benefit in
financial applications where the UNSPSC is embedded. I suspect the
UNSPSC would also want to highlight this on their website as well :-)

The reason behind the mapping tool is that there are numerous versions
out there being used by a myriad of companies.  The UNSPSC offers the
versions as they are released for free and they come in a couple of
formats so the parsing should be easy  We might even talk them into
publishing future versions with an as EBXML registry compliant artifact
as well:-)

Well I don't want to go too far down the road without getting your
thoughts.

 I have forwarded the January 12th meeting information to Ted.  Please
be thinking about questions, etc. for a constructive discussion.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies