Subject: RE: [regrep] Pre-Holiday Registry Riddle (Requesting Quick Feedback)

Joe,

I can hear Farrukh in-toning - "ebXML Registry is content agnostic..." ; -)

How about focusing on the unique tools that RIM provides to classify and organize information in new and powerful ways to deliver a business solution that extends beyond the traditional 2D data views into something that can empower dynamic collaborative information sharing across communities of interest.  This can be enabled either by using semantic mechanisms inherent in XML or through data relationships in content, or the synergy of both.

Merry Christmas!

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [regrep] Pre-Holiday Registry Riddle (Requesting Quick
Feedback)
From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
Date: Wed, December 21, 2005 4:13 pm
To: "ebXML Regrep" <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>

Here's a pre-holiday registry riddle that I would value feedback on:

Knowing that ebXML Registry can be thought of as a service registry, and assuming (hypotetically) that you were asked to categorize an ebXML Registry as either a "data registry" or a "metadata registry", which of the 2 choices ("data" or "metadata") would you pick?

The reason I ask is that I hear both choices discussed in various forums, and I know that one person's data registry may be another person's metadata registry (and vice-versa).

Thanks - and Happy Holidays!

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate