Subject: RE: [regrep] Pre-Holiday Registry Riddle (Requesting Quick Feedback)

Trick question...Metadata is data. (sorry for the non-answer)

I know, people want to know if it's one or the other--if I were forced to choose I would say data, since it's a repository as well as a registry. Since metadata is data, you can say it holds data (and also the data that happens to be about data).

Happy New Year!
Miko

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
	Sent: Wed 12/21/2005 1:13 PM
	To: ebXML Regrep

	Here's a pre-holiday registry riddle that I would value feedback on:

	Knowing that ebXML Registry can be thought of as a service registry, and assuming (hypotetically) that you were asked to categorize an ebXML Registry as either a "data registry" or a "metadata registry", which of the 2 choices ("data" or "metadata") would you pick?

	The reason I ask is that I hear both choices discussed in various forums, and I know that one person's data registry may be another person's metadata registry (and vice-versa).

	Thanks - and Happy Holidays!

	Joe

	Joseph Chiusano
	Associate