Subject: Meeting reminder and draft agenda

This is a meeting reminder and draft agenda for our ebXML Registry TC
meeting Thursday, January 12th, at 8:00 PT.  Please send me any
additional agenda items.

NOTE: We will have two guests at our meeting: Bill Marjuski from NIST
will be joining us to talk about the IHE request, and Ted Haas from
UNSPSC (http://www.unspsc.com/) to talk about synergy between the UNSPSC
and ebXML.

The telecon number and password are:
Toll Free: 866-607-2011
International: 702-477-6042
Passcode: 4517267
Conference operator, in case you have problems: 206-655-2254

Draft Agenda:
1. Approval of previous meeting minutes
 <<Minutes Dec 15.doc>>
2. Minute taker
3. IHE - guest Bill Marjuski
 <<[regrep] Guest on January 12th>>
(See also the minutes from our last meeting for discussion)

4. UNSPSC - guest Ted Haas
 <<RE: Contacts for Registry>>

5. Status on "Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/download.php/11907/
regrep-webservices-tn-10.pdf).
6. ebXML Registry Wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/).
7. Face-to-face at OASIS Symposium
8. Other issues, items
9. Next meeting

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies
Boeing Library Services

425-965-0182 phone
425-237-3491 fax
kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com

> How was your service? Please click link below.......
> http://socal.web.boeing.com/ssglibsurvey/

Minutes Dec 15.doc

--- Begin Message ---
Hi All,
Ted Haas has contacted me and is interested in having a discussion on
exploring synergy between the UNSPSC (http://www.unspsc.org/) and ebXML.
I have invited him to join us at our January 12th telecon to talk about
this.  Here is part of his e-mail:

I think a good first step forward would be to talk and then see if
creating a mapping tool for importing UNSPSC versions might be a good
next step.
This would tie EBXML in at the horizontal level and gain you benefit in
financial applications where the UNSPSC is embedded. I suspect the
UNSPSC would also want to highlight this on their website as well :-)

The reason behind the mapping tool is that there are numerous versions
out there being used by a myriad of companies.  The UNSPSC offers the
versions as they are released for free and they come in a couple of
formats so the parsing should be easy  We might even talk them into
publishing future versions with an as EBXML registry compliant artifact
as well:-)

Well I don't want to go too far down the road without getting your
thoughts.

 I have forwarded the January 12th meeting information to Ted.  Please
be thinking about questions, etc. for a constructive discussion.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies
Boeing Library Services

425-965-0182 phone
425-237-3491 fax
kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com

> How was your service? Please click link below.......
> http://socal.web.boeing.com/ssglibsurvey/

at:

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Ted,
Here is the link to the call in information:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=8788 for our
Jan. 12th telecon.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services