Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] GS1

Kathryn,

This sounds great.

I'd love to do a small demonstration of the latest jCAM toolset handling business rules for GS1 transactions and doing integration to registry for ruleset lookups.

We could also do an Adobe form sending GS1 XML to registry and it running a validation service via CAM template too as another option.  I've been developing peices of this for my project here.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] GS1
From: "Breininger, Kathryn R" <kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com>
Date: Mon, February 13, 2006 6:14 pm
To: "ebXML Regrep" <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>

comments?

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

From: Pim van der Eijk [mailto:pvde@sonnenglanz.net]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:26 AM
To: ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-jc] GS1

I mentioned this on today's call as a topic we could discuss at or next meeting.
Monica asked me to send an email as a reminder on this.

OASIS is talking to GS1 (formerly EAN International, represented in North America by UCC) on areas for cooperation.
One of the potential activities I would like to have your opinion about would be a joint interoperability demonstration showcasing some OASIS specifications or standards in conjunction with GS1 standards.  Such a demonstration could involve multiple parts of the ebXML suite.

This is just an initial informal email to see if there is a potential interest among our ebXML members; whether or not this idea will be pursued has not been decided on by OASIS nor by GS1. If there is sufficient initial interest, I will ask my new colleague, Dr. Carol Cosgrove-Sacks (formerly Director of Trade at UN/ECE, host of UN/CEFACT) to mention this as an idea when she meets the GS1 directors.