Subject: RE: DNS like distributed search for RegistryObjects

It is possible to represent a classification scheme using DNS-SD...which I
think is a great idea as it would allow for very fine grained partitioning.
Please let me know how I can help, I'll try my best to find some time.
-matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:14 AM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: john@maphin.net; Matt MacKenzie

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is an email from John Hardin whom many of you may know already.

John's email has reminded me of the the need for the TC to define a DNS
like distributed search for RegistryObjects.
He shares a very real use case from Electronic Patient Records world on
how important this functionality is.

I share this sense of importance and would like to propose that we as a
TC consider starting a work item focused on
defining a normative spec addressing this requirement. As a starring
point we could study past work by Matt MacKenzie on the subject:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6852/tn-ebreg-dnssd-02.htm

What do Matt and TC colleagues think?

smime.p7s