Subject: Need immediate help for presentation to OGC

Hi,
Ron Lake, Galdosinc, and member of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
contacted me yesterday to request someone from the ebXML Registry TC
talk via telecon at their meeting in San Diego Thursday, December 14th.
They will be meeting from 9:00 am PT to 12:00, and possibly some during
the afternoon.  Ron suggested an overview (commercial and technical, but
with emphasis on the commercial (who implements, supports, uses) of
10-20 minutes followed by Q&A for another 15-20 minutes.   The exact
time that morning has not been set yet. Is anyone available who can
attend the meeting, and does anyone have prepared slides that could be
used? I was thinking some of the overview slides prepared for the
webinar last year, or the brochure Carl worked on would be good material
to reuse.  Other ideas?  With 10-20 minutes, it will need to be very
very high level, especially as they want info on implementations as
well.

They have a vote on the OGC Catalogue specification catalog coming up
that week. One profile is based on ebXML RIM.  They are voting on
ratifying a proposal to make the ebRIM the only profile of the catalog
and redefine it to mean an ebXML RIM package.  They would like this
pitch to focus on ebRIM, not the RS, since so far OGC has only adopted
that part of ebXML Registry.  Here is what they would find most helpful,
snipped from Ron's e-mail:
1) List of commercial implementers of ebXML Registry (e.g. Blue Oxide,
Semantion I know) - but as many as possible.
2) List of organizations that use ebXML Registry (I believe FAO is one)
- but again as many as possible.
3) Any major corporations (country does not matter !) that use, support
or implement ebXML Registry
Please send any you know of for commercial implementers, organizations,
and major corporations for the presentation.

They also would like someone to speak to the Architecture Board which is
on Wednesday.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are willing and able to
join their telecon on December 14th. Also, please forward materials for
the presentation, and any implementations you know of.

Thanks for your help!!

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager