Subject: RE: [regrep] Should IBM being working with us on this?

Farrukh,

Yes - I think we are agreeing here - it is NOT about the spec'!!!

There's already more than enough in the spec' to do this all IMHO.

It does come down to people purposing it and fashioning it - and our own positioning here.

Ann Manes et al - have consistently dissed ebXML reg/rep as not the right answer without even trying it.

When people do try it - as with IHE/XDS group - then we win converts.

However here's the rub in all this.  Folks what instant results - TV dinners - not "some assembly required".

So we are back to the implementation(s)...

IH/XDS is succeeding because people see the value and are prepared to invest significant effort themselves developing their CPs that overlay on top of the registry functionality.

The SOA crowd are different.  Their ROI is a lot less tangible - so they need low onramp low hanging fruit stuff.

An OASIS 60 day discussion list may help us descern the gaps here and bring us closer to this potential audience.
Cheers, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)