Subject: RE: [regrep] 60 day discussion list

Okay, if there is interest in this, we will need a short description and scope that I can forward to OASIS admin to request.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 12:26 PM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org; Farrukh S. Najmi

Kathryn,

Yes exactly - the list is illustrative not definitive - so I think what we want is something between these three:

general -discuss lists for ongoing exchange of ideas on topics of interest to the standards community;
specific -discuss lists that host 90-day dialogues vetting ideas and soliciting interest in forming new OASIS Committees;
-user lists to assist those adopting an OASIS Standard or specification;
I'd position it as

specific - discuss list that hosts 60-day dialogue vetting ideas and discussion for guiding existing OASIS committee work with feedback on possible new directions along with applicability of OASIS work to topics of interest - in this case application of registry technology for SOA;

So its not open ended - its specific - but with a more general audience spanning across work of several OASIS TCs.

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)