Subject: Minutes from our call today

Attached are the minutes from our meeting (thank you Farrukh!). Please
let me know if there are any corrections.

Attendees: Nikola, Monica, Farrukh, Kathryn

Minutes from last meeting: Approved

1. Minute taker: Farrukh

2. REST Subcommittee status

    * Deferred

3. Open Forum meeting in NY report out (Kathryn / Nikola)

    * Nikola and Kathryn present
    * Many groups present
    * Absolute numbers were small: ~ 100
    * Tracks
          o Standards
          o Implementation and futures
          o Tutorials
    * ISO 11179 was main focus
    * Interesting presentations on:
          o ISO 11179 usage
          o Dublin Core
    * RegRep (Kathryn)
          o Was well received
          o ~25 attendees despite late afternoon on last day
          o For many folks RegRep is relatively new

4. Webinar follow-up

    * Kathryn sent note to Dee to get stats on how many people
      downloaded artifacts or visited webinar web site. Dee said it is a
      work in progress and will get us some data soon

5. ebXML version 4.0 discussion

    * Timing to start on 4.0 is appropriate now
          o Some important experience from implementations need to be
            addressed as major changes
          o Need to catch up with other standard we depend on: WSDL 2,
            XACML 2, MTOM
          o 3.0.1
    * Need to define scope now, later we prioritize and assign tasks and
      begin executing on tasks in full steam
          o Use Wiki page to define scope:
            http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/documents/plan/regrep4
          o Discuss each lineitem in scope table on email list
          o Define a separate wiki page for each lineitem's details as a
            mini-spec
          o Assemble final spec from the mini-specs
    * All agreement on above tactics
    * Farrukh reviewed some core issues and scope candidates

6. Status of 3.0.1 and ISO Submission

    * 3.0.1 has been submitted to ISO as part of 3.0 package submission
          o ISO 154 :

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/stdsdevelopment/tc/tclist/TechnicalCommitteeDet
ailPage.TechnicalCommitteeDetail?COMMID=3827&scopelist=PROGRAMME

    * Nikola and Farrukh: felt that the list of specs under Technical
Work on the ebXML Registry web site need to be sorted better and have
3.0.1 at the top and most visible. Kathryn completed during the call.

    * Farrukh: Need to expand http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/v3.0.1
      zip file for 3.0.1 at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/v3.0.1/
          o Just like http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/v3.0 zip is
            expanded at http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/v3.0/
	Kathryn: Errata is expanded at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/v3.0/errata/

    * Nikola: Could we have 3.0.1 approved as an ISO standard and not
      OASIS standard
    * Farrukh: Not worth taking 3.0.1 to OASIS approval. We should focus
      our energy on 4.0
	Monica: Erratas are considered maintenance documents and do not
go through the OASIS Standards approval process.

Next telecon: August 23rd. Kathryn will query the TC for agenda items.
Telecon may be cancelled due to travel schedules.

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies
Boeing Library Services