Subject: RE: [regrep] Any agenda items for a telecon on Sept 6th? Should wecancel?

How about if we wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting after Sept. 20th which would be October 4th? That way you have plenty of time to develop your example. Right now we do not have any burning issues coming up, and I would rather keep on our regular schedule if possible.

I will go ahead and cancel this morning's meeting.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 6:05 PM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: ebXML Regrep

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
I have not received any new agenda items. Should we cancel our RegRep TC
call for tomorrow morning?

I would like to propose we dedicate one meeting on the following items from the RegRep 4 planning wiki at:

<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/documents/plan/regrep4>

Perhaps it would be better to do this after I can post an example of what a possible algorithmically generated relational schema might look like.

We can then dedicate a meeting to compare that schema with current schema with the goal of getting everyone to understand the concept in a tangible and concrete manner.

Does that sound like a good plan?

The only issue is that I cannot attend on September 20th. Could we meet on September 13th instead?

farrukh-1

Fix relational schema binding to be a machine generated mapping from XSD

Currently the SQL Schema is manually mapped from rim.xsd resulting in inconsistencies

P1

Reduce bugs. Support TypeExtensibility feature

Farrukh

farrukh-2

Fix inheritance mapping in relational schema

Fix relational schema to use <http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/ejb3-api/javax/persistence/InheritanceType.html#JOINED> instead of <http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/ejb3-api/javax/persistence/InheritanceType.html#TABLE_PER_CLASS>

P1

Current mapping of inheritence intruduces Identifiable and RegistryObject views which do a UNION across 20 or so table and are very inefficent for queries like "SELECT * FROM RegistryObject"