Subject: [regrep] [Issue] Should we separate single value vs. collection of values slots?

Yes - I think this is the right approach.. makes it more explicit when a list of values is expected

On 3/14/08, Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com> wrote:

A common issue I have seen in RegRep implementation and deployment is
that rim:SlotType defines a Collection of values on a SlotType but often
a Slot only has a single value. I am wondering if it makes sense for us
to separate these into two separate types derived form a common type as
follows:

SlotType
   |----------- SingleValueSlotType

   |----------- MultiValueSlotType

IMHO, this is one of those peculiarities in our model that make it
harder to use. I believe we should fix it in 4.0 as we are already
making considerable improvements in Slots.

What do folks think?

Farrukh Najmi

Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
Ontolog ONION Cop Leader
CEO CHECKMi
vmail (usa) 908 322 8715
CarlMattocks@checkmi.com