Subject: CatalogContentRequest/Response protocol

Team,

This is a brief email so I do not lose the thought and so we can discuss
in next meeting...

Content cataloging feature is used in RegRep 3 to generate rim metadata
from RepositoryItem content.
The metadata is used in discovery queries. A common issue is that the
cataloging rules may be changed after
content has been submitted. What is lacking is a standard protocol to
re-catalog the content on demand and replace
prior cataloged data with new one. I propose we add a
CatalogContentRequest/Response protocol to ebRS 4. The request
simply specifies an ObjectType and server must recatalog all objects of
specified type in response.

Its a pretty simple change and has no backward compatibility issues.

Lets discuss at next meeting. Thanks.

Farrukh Najmi