Subject: Meeting reminder and draft agenda

This is a meeting reminder and draft agenda for our meeting scheduled
for Thursday July 24th at 8:00 am Pacific Time. Call in info and draft
agenda follow:

The telecon number and password:
USA toll: 1-210-795-0625
USA Toll free: 866-617-3597
PARTICIPANT PASSCODE (same for all countries): 1739140

International numbers;
France
Toll: 33-1-70-70-84-56
Toll free: 080-510-0984
UK
Toll: 44-20-7108-6391
Toll free: 0800-279-9632

For other countries please contact Kathryn directly.

Draft Agenda:
1. Approval of minutes
  <<Meeting summary: June 12, 2008>>

2. Minute taker (volunteer needed - last minute takers: Farrukh, Carl,
Farrukh,
Nikola)

3. ebXML version 4.0 discussion
	We will prioritize and discuss as time permits:
* CatalogContentRequest/Response:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200807/msg00003.html>
* Service Information Model:
<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/documents/plan/regrep4/serviceModel>
* Classification Information Model:
<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/documents/plan/regrep4/classification
Model>
* Restful ObjecT References:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200807/msg00011.html>

4. Other items

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Release & Delivery Services
CIMS - Center for Information Management Services

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax

--- Begin Message ---
Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

	This is a meeting reminder and draft agenda for our meeting scheduled
	for Thursday June 12th at 8:00 am Pacific Time. Call in info and draft
	agenda follow:

	The telecon number and password:
	USA toll: 1-210-795-0625
	USA Toll free: 866-617-3597
	PARTICIPANT PASSCODE (same for all countries): 1739140

	International numbers;
	France
	Toll: 33-1-70-70-84-56
	Toll free: 080-510-0984
	UK
	Toll: 44-20-7108-6391
	Toll free: 0800-279-9632

	For other countries please contact Kathryn directly.

	Draft Agenda:
	1. Approval of minutes

Approved

	2. Minute taker (volunteer needed - last minute takers: Carl, Farrukh,
	Nikola)

Minute Taker: Farrukh

Attendees: Farrukh, Carl, Nikola

	3. ebXML version 4.0 discussion
		Canonical queries

*	Farrukh gave brief overview

	*	Unlike past we now build queries bottom up adding predicates for each parameter. In the past we started with complete query and pruned out predicates for which parameters were not supplied
	*	Most parameters now tend to be optional
	*	New matchOnAnyParameter parameter may be used by queries to allow LOGICAL OR instead of LOCAL AND (default)
	*	Implementations will likely require code to implement support for building the query based on supplied parameters
	*	QueryExpression syntax is no longer needed to be exposed and the query may be implemented in any manner suitable (e.g. SQL, XQuery, SPARQL, etc.). The only thing that matters is the query parameter interface. This is what we will specify in spec.

	*

*	Carl: What if no parameter is specified
*	Farrukh: Matches all objects which can be quite big. Solution already exists in form of current spec saying that implementations may impose a maxResults as defined in Iterative Query feature
*	Issue: Nikola: We need a pattern for specifying version constraints on query results. For example a version parameter on queries could have values LATEST, ALL or specified version.

*	BasicQuery

	*	Choice of parameters seems reasonable
	*	Semantic seem reasonable except for path semantics in issue below

	*	status, objectType and classifications currently expect node path as opposed to node id so they can match node and its descendant node.

		*	Nikola: we could do the same with id it would just require a different query in the implementation
		*	Issue: Carl: What if we do not want to match descendant nodes. Currently there is no way to do that
		*	Farrukh: We could spec that a trailing '/' implies match sub-nodes else do exact match
		*	Nikola: What about using XPath
		*	Farrukh: Xpath is too complex for node paths
		*	ACTION: Nikola: will look at XPath for XML node in canonical ObjectType

*	FindRelationshipsQuery

	*	Carl: Same path issue from BasicQuery applies here for all xxType parameters. All Agreed.
	*	Choice of parameters seems reasonable
	*	Semantic seem reasonable except for path semantics issue
	*	Issue: Carl: Need consistency in description of query params wherever possible (e.g. wild card hints)

		*	Farrukh: These editorial fixes can be easily done later

*	FindRelatedObjectsQuery

	*	Farrukh: Identical parameter interface to FindRelationshipsQuery. Difference is that we return RegistryObjects on the other side of the Associations that match FindRelationshipsQuery query

	*	Carl: Same path issue from BasicQuery applies here for all xxType parameters. All Agreed.
	*	Choice of parameters seems reasonable
	*	Semantic seem reasonable except for path semantics issue

	4. Other items

ACTION: Nikola: Please maintain the issue list you had started in the last few months for RegRep 4

Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

--- End Message ---