Subject: Re: [regrep] [Urgent Issue] Should reference attributes in rim classesbe elements of type ObjectRef

carl mattocks wrote:
> Farrukh:
>
> I understand the difference in declaration but do not fully understand
> all the implications .. thus not sure of the value in making the change.
>
> For example, is the 'side note' the most significant outcome ?
>
> /A side note on proposed change is that we would likely move the home
> attribute from IdentifiableType to ObjectRefType and also create a
> sub-class of ObjectRefType called DYnamicObjectRefType which adds a
> QueryInvocation as selector to select reference target for dynamic
> references./

No the side note is not the most significant. Its just some related
information to provide some additional context.

The most significant part is whether the cleaner (more OO) approach of
the proposed change warrants the potential loss of efficiency (or
increased implementation complexity to avoid loss of efficiency).

> //
>
> carl
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Farrukh Najmi
> <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com <mailto:farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     Dear Colleagues,
>
>     The following issue is one that needs urgent input and resolution
>     due to its global impact:
>
>     <http://wxforge.wx.ll.mit.edu:8080/jira/browse/REGREPTC-6>
>
>     Please review, ask questions and share your thoughts on this
>     thread. We need to resolve this issue by our
>     next meeting. Thank you.

Farrukh Najmi