Subject: RE: [regrep] [Urgent] Need quick feedback on format of first draftof ebRIM 4.0

Looks good to me....

-Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 12:19 PM
To: ebXML Regrep

Team,

I am very pleased with the responsiveness that we are addressing urgent
issues despite all the demands on our collective time.
Lets keep the push towards getting our 4.0 specs to TC approved status
by December 2008.

Attached is a very incomplete first draft of ebRIM. The purpose to post
such an incomplete version is to get a sanity check on the format for
describing the information model.

Major style/format changes from ebRIM 3.0 are:

    * No longer defined in terms of abstract UML. UML will still be used
      for illustrative purposes. Instead we now define in terms of XML
      Schema and use XML Schema terminology
    * Using pattern from ebRS where a type is defined in sections titled
      Syntax, Example, Description and details of child nodes in schema
      are defined in bullets at the end of Description section. We still
      retain the table format used in ebRIM 3.0 which seemed useful.

To avoid a lot of rework I would appreciate a quick scan (for style not
substance) and sending any comments. I hope to have ebRIM 4.0 draft
complete in by end of next week. Since ebRS is largely complete we will
then be in good shape to start ironing out remaining issues.

Thanks again for the excellent and timely feedback.

Farrukh Najmi