Subject: RE: [regrep] [Issue] Canonical query FindByIdAndType should beGetObjectById query (no type)

Hi Farrukh -

+1 on this issue - I found Id and Type to be an odd combination when I used it....

-Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 1:09 PM
To: ebXML Regrep

<http://wxforge.wx.ll.mit.edu:8080/jira/browse/REGREPTC-54>

I would like to close this issue with resolution to change the canonical
query to the following:

    <rim:RegistryObject xsi:type="rim:QueryDefinitionType"
lid="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:query:GetObjectById"
id="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:query:GetObjectById">
      <rim:Name>
        <rim:LocalizedString charset="UTF-8" value="Get RegistryObject
By Id"/>
      </rim:Name>
      <rim:Description>
        <rim:LocalizedString charset="UTF-8" value="Get RegistryObject
By Id"/>
      </rim:Description>
      <rim:Parameter parameterName="id" datatype="string" minOccurs="1"
defaultValue="%">
        <rim:Name>
          <rim:LocalizedString charset="UTF-8" value="ID"/>
        </rim:Name>
        <rim:Description>
          <rim:LocalizedString charset="UTF-8" value="id of desired
object. Use '%' and '_' as wildcard to match multiple and single
characters respectively."/>
        </rim:Description>
      </rim:Parameter>
    </rim:RegistryObject>

Are there any objections?

Note that BasicQuery allows getting objects by type so there is no loss
in functionality.

Farrukh Najmi