Subject: RE: [regrep] Motion to start electronic ballot to approveregrep4-cd1-draft7 as Committee Draft specs

Seconded!

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [regrep] Motion to start electronic ballot to approve
regrep4-cd1-draft7 as Committee Draft specs
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, November 12, 2008 3:55 pm
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

(Resending after fixing wording as suggested by Mary - Thanks Mary!)

Dear colleagues,

Having looked at the OASIS Voting process at:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#voting>

There are some built in delays in the process. Even if we all vote on
the first day the ballot MUST remain open for 7 days.

Therefor, I would like to propose we start an electronic ballot for
approval of regrep4-cd1-draft7 as Committee Draft specs.
If we find any stopper issues in the spec during next week, we can
always change our Vote NO during the voting period.

We have previously approved a standing rule to allow motions for
starting electronic ballot via email. Thus I would like to make the
following motion:

<MOTION>
I hereby move to start an electronic ballot with the following details:

Ballot Title:
Approve regrep4-cd1-draft7 as Committee Draft

Ballot Description:

Shall the specification bundle listed below be approved as a Committee
Draft by the OASIS ebXML Registry TC?

ebXML RegRep 4.0 CD1 Draft 7:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29972>

The process to approve Committee Draft specifications is described by
OASIS standards approval process at:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#committeeDraft>

</MOTION>

Do I have someone who can second this motion? Does any one object to
this motion?

Please respond ASAP so Kathryn as chair can start the ballot today.
Thank you.

Farrukh Najmi