Subject: RE: [regrep] Generic Workflow and Registry - =?UTF-8?Q?XPDL=3F?=

Farrukh,

Deep breathe - OK - yes I can do XPDL but... my calendar is full for the next month!

Self-help is I suspect the order of the day here.  Let me see what may I suggest.

One of my preferred quick and easy tools is this one:
http://www.activemodeler.com/downloadAvFoundation

and then of course you simply export from the diagram to the XPDL.

I've found XPDL straightforward to follow looking at the raw XML level too.

TIBCO also have slick free solution - but its a big install -
http://www.tibco.com/resources/solutions/bpm/brunt-road-to-xpdl.pdf

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [regrep] Generic Workflow and Registry - XPDL?
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, March 19, 2009 1:52 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Cc: "regrep@lists.oasis-open.org" <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>

No apologies needed. I think XPDL seems to be a terrific suggestion as
an expression syntax for allowing RegRep to associate a
ChangeProposal process with a Register.

Ideally I would like us to capture the Change Proposal Process as an
XPDL file as an experiment.
Do you have expertise in XPDL? If not, do we know someone who will be
willing to get us boot-strapped.

Any one monitoring the list that may be able to help should please post
to the list.

Another option that costs money is to get Together to help us:

http://www.together.at/together/services/index.html

This option will not be possible unless some entity can donate funds to
get above consulting services.

Thanks.