Subject: RE: [regrep] Issue-97: Should versioning be turned off by=?UTF-8?Q?default=3F?=

Farrukh,

I like that approach much better to the slot one.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [regrep] Issue-97: Should versioning be turned off by
default?
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, July 15, 2009 8:37 am
To: ebXML Regrep <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Please discuss your thoughts on this issue and proposed resolution:
>
> <http://wxforge.wx.ll.mit.edu:8080/jira/browse/REGREPTC-97>

The following issue is related to Issue 97:

<http://wxforge.wx.ll.mit.edu:8080/jira/browse/REGREPTC-78>

Upon reflection I am wondering if instead of using slots we should
consider adding a mode to SubmitObjectsRequest.
Currently we have the following in lcm.xsd SubmitObjectsRequest:

<attribute name="mode" use="optional" default="CreateOrReplace">
<simpleType>
<restriction base="NCName">
<enumeration value="CreateOrReplace"/>
<enumeration value="CreateOnly"/>
<enumeration value="ReplaceOnly"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>
</attribute>

What if we added a CreateOrVersion mode such that CreateOrReplace would
imply no versioning and CreateOrVersion wouldimply versioning is on?