Subject: RE: [regrep] [Fwd: [JIRA] Updated: (REGREPTC-118) Need QueryResponse toallow returning non-RegistryObjectList response such as a SPARQL response.]

Farrukh,

Do we really want xsd:any in response type?

I prefer something more explicit - such as an attribute token - and then at least you know what to expect back.

Is the issue that we just want to include various OWL component types?  If so - I would have thought we can create an OWL-types extension and have that - rather than leaving it completely open ended for implementers to have to cope with.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [regrep] [Fwd: [JIRA] Updated: (REGREPTC-118) Need
QueryResponse to allow returning non-RegistryObjectList response such as
a SPARQL response.]
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, October 22, 2009 12:49 pm
To: ebXML Regrep <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>

Dear colleagues,

Please comment on this new issue and proposed solution.

Note that this allows the following spec content to be written for OWL profile 2.0:

QueryResponse Requirements

A server MUST process a SPARQL query and return its response within a QueryResponse. The following additional requirements are defined for a server to return a QueryResponse for a SPARQL query:

  • A server MUST process the SPARQL query according to [SPARQL] within the context of the OWL content published within its repository. Specifically a server SHOULD NOT need to query its Registry metadata to process the SPARQL query

  • A server MUST return the SPARQL response as a sparqlx:sparql element in the SPARQL Query Results XML Format as specified by [SPARQLX]

  • The sparqlx:sparql MUST be the child element of the query:QueryResponse element
    This part of the spec relies on core query.xsd schema to be fixed per issue 118. We assume there will be an xs:any added to rs:RegistryResponseType which is extended by query:QueryResponse.

  • The QueryResponse element SHOULD NOT have a query:RegistryObjectsList child element

The following example shows SPARQL response within a QueryResponse:

<query:QueryResponse ...>

<sparqlx:sparql>

</sparqlx:sparql>
<query:QueryResponse>