Subject: RE: [regrep] Today's meeting cancelled

Hi Bruce,
I am sure we would be happy to assist again and review and comment on the draft. Thank you for inviting us!

There is a formal liaison process in OASIS that will establish those relationships between standards organizations. I will find what the proper process is and report back.

Looking forward to continuing to work these things with you!

Sincerely,
Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Document Authoring & Release
Product Standards Office
Boeing Research & Technology
The Boeing Company

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax

From: Bargmeyer [mailto:bebargmeyer@lbl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:23 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R; 'ebXML Regrep'
Cc: 'Timothy Schoechle'

Folks,

ISO/IEC 11179 is out for Final Committee Draft Ballot. The ebXML Regrep review was quite helpful during the last ballot. I would like to invite you to comment on this draft.

I have attached the text and the ISO template for comments. It would be helpful if comments could be put into the template. The Closing date: of the ballot is 2010-07-30. However, SC 32/WG 2 will be meeting in Kunming, China on May 19 - 27. Any comments that you could send by then would be discussed at that face to face meeting.

In messages about the last ballot, there was a request by you for a closer liaison between the OASIS Reg/Rep TC and ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32/WG 2. Action was taken on that request at the June 2009 WG 2 meeting. A resolution for a category C liaison was made at the WG 2 meeting and subsequently passed by SC 32 and approved by JTC 1. The liaison contacts from WG 2 are as specified below:

SC 32 Resolution 19:  SC32 Approval of New External Class “C” Liaisons

Upon receipt of texts, SC32 requests its Secretariat to forward these Expected Benefits and Responsibilities documents to JTC1 for approval.

Liaison Organization

WG

SC32/WG Person

Topics and Notes

Doc #

ebXML OASIS

2

Bruce Bargmeyer

Kevin Keck

Laura Reece

Hajime Horiuchi

ebXML reg/rep 11179

WG2/N1274

We need to have persons named by ebXML reg/rep to serve as the liaison to WG 2. Could you name one or more persons?

I think that being established as a liaison means that you automatically get documents such as the FCD ballot for 11179-3. I am sending this message in case that has not happened. I’m not sure who the documents would have been sent to.

Thanks for your interest and attention.

Bruce Bargmeyer

Bruce Bargmeyer

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory