Subject: Re: [regrep] spec update

Dear Colleagues,

Nikola, Oliver and I have been focused on the Registration Procedures
(regproc) feature set which is the last hurdle before WD6-2 spec bundle
is published.

I have captured a set of issues and the resolution that Nikola, Oliver
and I have agreed to for these issues in the following temporary working
document:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQjddtUwc3SFZHI5cTJjal83MGZyaHF2c2Y1&hl=en&authkey=CILYiPkD

Each issue and proposed resolution has a rationale defining how we
arrived at the proposed resolution.

One big issue is whether we should get rid of RegisterType and we
propose that we do so.

Since there is much downstream implications of some of these issues and
proposed resolutions I would like you to please speak up right away if
you disagree with any proposed resolution. Perhaps we SHOULD meet this
week after all with the agenda to simply walk through the regrproc
issues in above document and their proposed resolution.

Can we therefor plan to meet this week at our usual time to discuss
these regproc issues and their proposed resolutions?

On 08/29/2010 01:26 PM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> The WD6-2 spec bundle is unlikely to be available this week contrary
> to our stated plans. I suggets we defer our meeting for Sep 2, 2010
> and insteda plan to meet on Sep 16, 2010. We will work to get the
> WD6-2 spec bundle out in time for that meeting. Thanks for your
> understanding.
>
> On 08/17/2010 09:34 PM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> Much progress has been made in closing issues for CD6. We are down to
>> two issue:
>>
>> http://jira.wx.ll.mit.edu/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+REGREPTC+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.0-cd6%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>>

>> Special thanks to Nikola and Oliver for their help on CD6 work items.
>>
>> Currently Oliver, Nikola and I are actively working on Registration
>> Procedures feature as part of resolving
>> http://jira.wx.ll.mit.edu/browse/REGREPTC-132.
>> I hope that we will resolve these issues and publish WD6-2 (second
>> working draft for CD6) hopefully in time for our meeting on September
>> 2, 2010.
>>
>> For this reason I would like to propose that we cancel our meeting
>> for August 19th and that we all plan to attend the meeting on
>> September 2, 2010.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any questions on the progress of WD6-2.

Farrukh Najmi