Subject: RE: [regrep] Relationship of ebXML RegRep 4 specification tosimilar work

Looks good.

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Standards Authoring, Release, & Technical Orders
Product Standards Office
Boeing Research & Technology
The Boeing Company

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax

How are we doing?  Please click on the attached link to take the Product Standards Office Customer Satisfaction Survey.
PSO Customer Survey

From: carl mattocks [mailto:carlmattocks@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:40 AM
To: Farrukh Najmi
Cc: ebXML Regrep

+ 1

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

Our vote to submit ebXML RegRep 4 as Candidate OASIS Standard will end today and I will be submitting a Candidate OASIS Standard Submission Request.
As part of that request, we will need to submit a statement on relationship with similar work. Here is what I propose.

"
ISO/IEC 11179, Information Technology -- Metadata registries (MDR) defines an abstract metadata registry standard.
ISO/IEC 19763, Information Technology -- Metamodel Framework for Interoperability (MFI) defines additional abstract models for registration of services, processes, roles, goals etc. OASIS ebXML RegRep 4 provides a concrete registry and repository standard capable of registering all types of artifacts. ebXML RegRep TC has collaborated with the respective working groups for ISO/IEC 11179 and ISO/IEC 19763 during the development of our respective specifications.
Extension profiles of OASIS ebXML RegRep 4 may be defined in future to provide a concrete binding for ISO/IEC 11179 and ISO/IEC 19763.
"

Please comment ASAP (even if it is a simple +1 message). Thanks.
Farrukh Najmi

CEO CheckMi
Chair OASIS BCM Tech Committee
President BTUSAR Dive Team
Producer Shore Adventure
Cell (usa) (732) 497-CARL {2275}
CarlMattocks@CheckMi.com
Information Risk Checks > Secure Continuous Service