Subject: Meeting Minutes: November 10, 2011

Attendees: Kathryn, Oliver, Carl, Nikola, Farrukh

Kathryn called meeting to order.

Agenda:
1. Approval of Minutes (July 21, 2011)

Approved

2. Minute taker (volunteer needed - last minute takers: (Farrukh, Farrukh, Farrukh, Oliver, Farrukh, Richard, Farrukh, Kathryn, Oliver, Farrukh, Kathryn, Nikola, Farrukh, Oliver, David, Farrukh, Kathryn, Farrukh, Carl, Farrukh, Nikola)

Farrukh

3. Discussion for v4.0 and promoting

We discussed the upcoming OASIS Standard approval ballot for Regrep 4:
  • Public review ends December 23, 2011
  • OASIS approval ballot likely to start mid or late January
  • We need ~50 YES votes for approval
  • We agreed on the need to individually contact OASIS voting members in our networks to gain their support
  • Kathryn / Oliver: Suggested drafting a template email that can be used as common baseline for contacting OASIS members in our network. All agreed.
  • Will create initially a One Pager, and later slides, for RegRep 4 and reference both in template email
    • ACTION: Farrukh to create first draft of One Pager as a wiki page
    • ACTION: Oliver to create final version of One Pager after input on initial draft from TC members
  • First contact with OASIS member in our network to be shortly after OASIS announcement of the ballot (probably mid January)
  • Kathryn: suggested using social networks to raise awareness (Google+, facebook, Twitter, ...). All agreed.
  • Carl: Contact Smart Grid TC and members since they have adopted ebMS / AS4 and a geo-spatial RegRep 4 would be relevant in managing geographically dispersed assets
4. Additional items?
  • Next meeting: Planned for December 8. Will cancel if not needed.
  • Kathryn will be away in Africa without access to email or phone most of January starting January 6th. Have a wonderful trip!

Farrukh Najmi