Subject: Fwd: çå: OASIS re-submission of ebXML MSG v3 to ISO TC154 (as ISO 15000-2)

To: members of the OASIS ebXML TCs

Please be advised that we have re-submitted the ebXML specifications to ISO at your request as described below, subject to further format editing which now is in progress.
Your committees and OASIS approved the submission of the 3rd major versions of your ebXML specifications to ISO TC 154, in 2013-2014. We transmitted them to ISO, with the active help of then-TC-154 chair Klaus-Dieter Naujok and the ISO Central Secretariat staff. However, in 2017 after several consultations, they asked us to re-format the existing submissions to more closely follow certain ISO template rules that apply more forcefully to submissions of revised versions after initial submissions. (As you know, four of the "version 2" ebXML specs originally were submitted and approved in 2004, as ISO 15000-1 through -4.)

In consultation with Pim van der Eijk and your TC chairs, our TC Administration staff arranged for the reformatting of the existing material, without changing any of its technical content, and advised TC 154 and ISO CS of our plans to resubmit. That process is under way now. Attached below is our first draft reformatting of the ebXML MSG v3.0 Core specification, completed by editors engaged by our Standards Director Chet Ensign, together with the editorial responses from ISO, which will guide our further preparation of the final resubmissions.ÂÂ

We will continue to share copies of the staff-reformatted documents to these TC lists, and advise you of our progress, although obviously OASIS will make no changes to the technical content of the approved OASIS standards. Feedback is welcome.Â

Kind regards
Jamie Clark

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel
OASIS: Advancing open data and ICT development for the information societyÂ

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 19, 2018
To: zhangjf
Cc: STANTON Brian, èæ Judy Zhu, Laura Mathew, Yvonne Chen, Henry Cuschieri, Chet Ensign

Thank you.ÂÂ
Brian, your assistance always is practical and appreciated. Thank you very much for giving this a helpful quick look, in your current capacity. We will do as you say.
Jianfang, we will participate in the plenary, and we will send another liaison statement, asking the TC to open a work item for all five related submissions.
Kind regardsÂÂ JBCÂ