relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] [xml-dev] Evangelizing RNG (fwd)

Don Park scripsit:
From cowan  Fri Jun  7 16:28:03 2002
From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
To: "Xml-Dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:24:38 -0700
Subject: [xml-dev] Evangelizing RNG

While I agree that we need to encourage (read push) XML tool vendors to
add RNG support, we need to make it attractive (read pull) for those
tool vendors to add RNG support.

To make this happen, we need to evangelize RNG to the public in general.

Since many of us on XML-DEV are in the business of educating and
informing people about XML and XML-based technologies, I think the
chance of our resistence is far greater than merely 'futile'.

Proper evangelism calls for positive and forward looking messages, so
let us focus more on the strengths of RNG more than the weaknesses of
XSD.  If XSD is considered 'fact of life', then let us present it as a
legacy technology soon to be replaced with RNG.  As RNG rises on the
hype chart, tool vendors will have to add RNG support in order to
survive.

Regarding Don Box's comment, I believe he was joking.

Best,

Don Park