relax-ng-comment message

Subject: Re: [relax-ng-comment] RELAX NG Type Lattices, draft 0

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:04:42 -0400
John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> This is a sketch of a set of annotations which allow one or more RNG
> schemas to define a type lattice based on RNG patterns.
>
> First, some definitions.
..
> Comments?

I often make the same mistake: definitions without presenting the key idea
and motivation in advance.  What is your key idea?

Given two regular tree languages A and B, it is possible to determine if A
is a subset of B.  In the case of RELAX NG, we further have interleave, text, data, value,
list, and attribute.  Handling of attribute is done by Hosoya: he gave one neat
algorithm (see Hosoya and Murata presented at PLAN-X 2002).  Interleave
has been studied also: although I am aware of some algorithms, no
practical ones are publicly available.  Handling of data, value, and list
is just difficult.  How can we overcome these problems?

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>