Subject: Re: Syntax of parent attribute on ref element

James Clark scripsit:

> The ref element has a parent attribute with values true or false, which
> indicates whether the reference is to the current grammar or to the
> parent grammar.
>
> Can we do better than the current syntax?

I propose adding a grammar attribute to the ref element.  This
would mean that the reference was to the parent grammar whose
name is specified by the attribute.

This would require that the name attribute be added to the grammar
element.

It is an error if the named grammar is not a parent grammar.

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter