Subject: RE: Minutes of 5 April Telcon

> James Tauber wrote:
>
> > Is it simply that the implementation complexity outweighs
> the perceived
> > usefulness?
>
> Yes.  I do not think that this feature is required to declare
> a victory.

I agree.

> I also think that delay is more fatal than lack of features.

This is also a very good point.

> I strongly believe that each feature should be introduced
> after considering
> how to create tree automata.  Backtracking implementations
> are easier, but
> they ocasionally perform exhaustive search and issue inappropriate
> error message.

Yes. I do plan to write a tree automata version of PyTREX. As I have
mentioned before, my initial goal was simply testing the implementability of
the specification and see if there were things that could be interpreted
ambigously. Backtracking was certainly a very easy way to implement the
specification.