Subject: Re: interleave and strings

In my understanding, this restriction can be better stated as follows:

Pattern is illegal if (and only if) its content model automaton has two consecutive
transitions by characters. I think this is what we want to avoid.

Consider the following pattern:

<group>
  <string>  abc  </string>
  <data type="integer" />
</group>

The content model automaton will be

state: q0 (initial)
  #PCDATA("abc")   --> q1

state: q1
  #PCDATA(integer) --> q2

state: q2 (final)

Therefore it has two consecutive transitions by string (q0->q1->q2),
thus it is invalid.

Oh, I found that we have to exclude consecutive transitions by anyString.

----
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI
Phone: 650-786-0721