Subject: Re: Issue: language name

Murata Makoto <mura034@attglobal.net> writes:

> What is the name of our language after unification between TREX and RELAX?

I'd like to propose that the official name of the language should
include "XML Schema"-- e.g. "RELAX XML Schema".

I think the fact that the W3C XML schema offering is called simply
"XML Schema" has managed to confuse a lot of people-- so much so that
lots of introductory books and articles fail to even acknowledge that
there are other schema/validation languages written in XML syntax.

I think that including "XML Schema" in the official name of TREX/RELAX
would make it clear to potential users exactly what it is, and help to
position the language in the way it seems like it is going to be
positioned-- as an alternative to the W3C XML schema language.