Subject: Re: interleave and strings

James Clark wrote:

> I don't think the restriction on TREX is ad hoc.  It is based on a very
> simple principle: typed data should be delimited as an element or
> attribute.

I do not think the restriction is clearly stated.  Your mail [1, 2, 3] help,
but I do not quite understand yet.  In my understanding, XDR, XML Schema, and
RELAX Core have the same restriction and it is farily easy to understand.  To
me, TREX is harder here.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/trex/200104/msg00022.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/trex/200104/msg00028.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/trex/200104/msg00036.html