Subject: Re: Name classes

I think you should send it to TREX ML, Murata-san.

> > > 4) (URI, Unicode regular expression) pairs
> > > 5) (URI, Unicode regular expression) pairs and <nsName ns="namespaceURI"/>
> >
> > regexp is certainly closed to boolean operations, but can we serialize
> > the computational result back to regular expression again?
>
> Certainly, you can.  Generated regular expressions are not always very
> readablle.  More about this, see textbooks on automata and regular
> expressions.

I know that every automaton can be written back into regular expression
*theoretically*. But there are just so much sugar in XML Schema that
makes this transformation impractical. And if the resulting regexp has
to be somewhat legible otherwise the schema itself becomes meaningless,
doesn't it.

> >I don't want
> > to write that code.
>
> If we consider validation only, there are no problems.
>
> If we consider operations to schema, we already have many problems.  Why
> not another?

I think this one is an unnecessary complication because I don't think we
need regexp to restrict tag names.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com