Subject: Re: Datatypes

> To finish our first draft, I would propose not to allow types derived
> from user-defined types.

I think this is the crucial issue.  If we don't allow this, then we can have
a significantly simpler design along the lines of:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/trex/200105/msg00087.html

In particular, we don't need to make a distinction between definitions of
datatypes and definitions of patterns.

We could have

  <data type="xsd:int">
     <param name="maxExclusive">100</param>