Subject: Datatype/ID/IDREF "back to the basic" proposal

For the record ...

Let me explain what I proposed in the last conference call.

My proposal doesn't introduce any new primitive in RELAX NG.

The only addition is a constraint that ensures we can use XML1.0's plain
vanilla ID/IDREF (and IDREFS) types.  The constraint itself is posted by
jjc and is anyway necessary whichever proposal we adopt.

Cons
----
 - lack of feature. No typed key, no scoped key.
   What you get is the same functionality as what we have now with DTD.

Pros
----
 - Simplicity and minimum impact to the current TREX syntax.
   Thereby reducing the "time to market".

   This constraint doesn't have to be in the core spec. It's just a
   guideline when RELAX NG is used with XSD.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com