Subject: Informal attempt to summarize current activities

Just thinking aloud ... So ignore this if you want to make detached
decisions.

Things that are decided
-----------------------

Decisions that don't affect the implementations are not listed here.

* <concur> is removed. This'll influence the implementation a lot.

Is there anything else?  Versioning doesn't affect them because
basically it's just a change of namespace URI.  Changes in tag names are
not the problem, too.

Hot topics
----------

* identity constraint and datatypes

  probably we will adopt jjc's "proposal of the day (17 May)", although
  several syntactic details are still being cooked. But the core idea is
  pretty stable.

* constraint for duplicate/repeated attributes

  I guess this is the way to go -> "200105/msg00142.html". I think this
  is the sufficient condition to make RELAX NG regular, but is it true?

* order insignificance

  If we want the order insignificance, it may have a considerable impact
  on the implementations. But it may give us a mathematically cleaner
  language.  Which way do we want to go?  I think we need more thrust on
  this issue.

  What is the practical advantage of having order insignificant language?

And if my memory serves, I think there remains no substantial issue.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com