Subject: Re: Datatype and identity constraints proposal of the day (17 May)

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I don't see how making them a list removes the restriction that I
> can't have two with the same name. (Unless your suggesting that they
> be purely positional and names are irrelevant.)
>
> In any event, I really prefer order-independent, named parameters.

Implementations of datatype libraries *can* adopt order-independent,
named parameters.  On the other hand, should RELAX NG care?  In other
words, when two parameters have the same name, who should complain?
The RELAX NG processor or implementations of datatype libraies?  I
think that JamesC is proposing the latter.