Subject: Re: Enumeration syntax

> Another advantage of the option (b) is that <value> element is very
> close to the current <string> element. So it will make migration from
> TREX easier.

I do not think that we should pay much attention to ease of migration from
TREX (or RELAX for that matter).  The number of current users is tiny
compared to the number of potential users.

> Maybe we can even keep the tag name as <string>. I think
>
> <string type="xsd:integer">  52  </string>
>
> makes sense.

I don't think this is a good idea.  In TREX, string/anyString can be thought
of as a pair (matching a specific string rather than any string).  In RELAX
NG, value/data should be thought of as a pair (matching a specific value
rather than any value); this is better because data and value have the same
restrictions about how they can be used.  We should choose names that
reflect this; I think data/value/text work quite well (for what is now
data/string/anyString).