Subject: Re: Issue: redefinition without the original

Oh, I couldn't imagine that I can process redefinitions first. But your
algorithm looks fine.

Another example.

A.rng
<grammar>
  <define name="foo" combine="choice">
    <element A/>
  </define>
</grammar>

B.rng
<grammar>
  <include grammar="A.rng"/>
  <include grammar="C.rng">
    <define name="foo" combine="choice">
      <element B/>
    </define>
  </include>
  <include grammar="D.rng"/>
</grammar>

C.rng
<grammar>
  <define name="foo" combine="choice">
    <element C/>
  </define>
</grammar>

D.rng
<grammar>
  <define name="foo" combine="choice">
    <element D/>
  </define>
</grammar>

What will be the result of this definition? Will it be (A|B|D)? I guess
so.

I wonder how we can formally define the semantics of the define/redefine.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com