Subject: RE: PE wrappers [WAS RE: Minutes for RELAX NG TC 2001-06-07]

Well take:

foo.dtd
<!ELEMENT foo (bar,baz)>
<!ATTLIST foo blork CDATA #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT bar (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT baz (#PCDATA)>

bigfoo.dtd
<!ENTITY % foo-class SYSTEM './foo.dtd'> %foo-class;

So you could represent these declarations as part of a single file as....

bigfoo.rng
 <element name="foo">
  <element name="bar">
   <text/>
  </element>
  <element name="baz">
   <text/>
  </element>
  <attribute name="blork>
   <text/>
  </attribute>
 </element>

Of course, you could write these separate DTD files as discrete RNG files
and then use include, as well you might. But sometimes you like things to be
less obscure, that is, in one file. div can help you do that.

I hope Norm can father elucidate, if necessary...

Mike