Subject: Re: Prohibiting duplicate attributes.

James Clark wrote:

> The only thing that concerns me about this is the relationship between
> <group> and <oneOrMore>.

Advantages of my proposal are very significant, while your
concern is merely for consistency.

James Clark wrote:

> So my question is, how can it make sense to allow
>
>   <attribute><anyName/></attribute>
>
> but not

> ?

I have two completely different answers.  One of them requires whole-sale
reengineering and I will write more about it in a different thread.
This mail covers the other answer (which is not my favorite).

We have already prohibited

<zeroOrMore>
  <group>
     <attribute><anyName/></attribute>
  </group>
</zeroOrMore>

but have allowed

<zeroOrMore>
  <attribute><anyName/></attribute>
</zeroOrMore>

In other words, we already have "incosistency".  Why bother?