Subject: Re: Issue: empty strings as keys and keyRefs

> I think the simplest solution will be to say that <key> and <keyRef> don't
> match empty strings even if the included pattern can match an empty string,

"" (the string of length 0) is not the only one. To be precise, "empty
string" is a string that consists of #x20,#xD,#xA.

Because patterns like

<element name="foo">
  <choice>
    <empty/>
    <key>
      <data type="string">
    </key>
  </choice>
</element>

and an instance <foo>   &xD;  </foo> is still ambiguous.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com