Subject: Re: Section 7.4

I made the distinction for purely aesthetic reasons.  I found it strange in
the antecedent of (attribute compete) to use p1 ~ p2, since that would more
general than strictly necessary, in that it would handle attributes inside
attributes. However, it would work perfectly well without the distinction.
I can see that it might be confusing to make the distinction.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI" <kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com>
To: <relax-ng@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 8:47 AM
Subject: Section 7.4

I don't think the distinction between ~e and ~  is necessary.

For the (element compete 2) rule, if p_1 \sim p_2 and there exists p_3
such that p_1 [n]_e p_3, then apparently p_1 is an element (because
attributes cannot contain an element pattern p_3). Thus p_1 \sim p_2.

The similar inference holds for the (attribute) rule.

... maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here ...

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com