Subject: Re: Section 7.4

Message text written by James Clark

Do you understand section 6 in its entirety?

James
<<<<<<<<<<<<

I see - now we move a different target into the cross-wires ; -)

This may or may not be a good thing!

I presume someone has already caught the typo:

<snip>

The effect of the above rule is that a text element matches zero of more
strings.

6.2.5. oneOrMore pattern

<snip>

should be ..... zero or more strings.

And then the first paragraph made me smile - since lots of email on this
list
proves that the statement
"Axioms are propositions that are provable unconditionally" - is context
dependent ; -)

But back to your question.  I certainly follow the logic mathematics, but I
have
done degree level math and computer science in this area.  Have I had
time to work thru each example and prove it formally - hell no!  Could
someone
use this to write and determine parser behaviour - yes!   Does the Section
6
provide me with a consist and clear mental picture?  I believe so.  Could I
explain
it to someone else?  Probably about 50% at first blush.

Certainly as you understand more of Section 6, you can penetrate further
into
Section 7 before you falter.

Is this helpful?

DW.