Subject: RELAX NG and architectures example

I added an example to my XSLToolbox package (http://www.nist.gov/xsltoolbox) that uses RELAX NG patterns to represent the "purchase order" and "international purchase order" sample schemas from Part 0 of the W3C XML Schema recommendation. The international purchase order pattern uses the purchase order pattern as a (ISO/IEC 10744 Annex A.3) architecture.

My example attempts to show how you can use RELAX NG and architectures together to mimic W3C XML Schema features such as type extension and substitution groups. The example also exploits RELAX NG's namespace-awareness in that the international purchase order pattern contains an embedded annotation specifying the default attribute values needed for architectural processing.

I'm thinking of making this example into a poster presentation for Extreme 2001, to supplement a paper I'm presenting on architectures and XSLT. I would appreciate any feedback readers of the RELAX NG list can give me.

To run my example, download and unzip the XSLToolbox distribution, and look at README.TXT in the apex/examples/schema directory.

Regards,
Josh

Joshua Lubell, NIST
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8263